Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pene (NZ) -> Jayna (NY)






















photo by jon pack
Pene Walsh (NZ) -> Jayna Maleri (NY)

(Note: PS -my apologies we had some rearranging..)
I'm not sure how this happened but I have a photo of Jayna at home (just what is that stuff on the ground under the swing Jayna?)and the brooch, in Gisborne, NZ! Even more thrilling - the very first time I wore it - to work on a Monday morning - there were a couple of old guys in the library - where I work, before opening time, who were putting up a display for the Forest and Bird Society. I'm saying 'greetings' and other polite things and the older of the old guys, says "Did you get that thing off the forest floor?" Laughs to himself. The other old guy comes over for a look and they launch into a discussion about the very type of fungi the brooch is reminiscent of. I let them know how on to it they are , but they just shake their heads. They've seen it all now. Although it seemed irrelevant that the thing is a brooch, an actual wearable thing, their discussion is what is important here. That would be just about the best response ever to a brooch.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how this happened but I have a photo of Jayna at home (just what is that stuff on the ground under the swing Jayna?)and the brooch, in Gisborne, NZ! Even more thrilling - the very first time I wore it - to work on a Monday morning - there were a couple of old guys in the library - where I work, before opening time, who were putting up a display for the Forest and Bird Society. I'm saying 'greetings' and other polite things and the older of the old guys, says "Did you get that thing off the forest floor?" Laughs to himself. The other old guy comes over for a look and they launch into a discussion about the very type of fungi the brooch is reminiscent of. I let them know how on to it they are , but they just shake their heads. They've seen it all now. Although it seemed irrelevant that the thing is a brooch, an actual wearable thing, their discussionis what is important here. That would be just about the best response ever to a brooch.

    ReplyDelete